Centar za fotoniku, Institut za fiziku,
20.11.2017. u 15:00h
IF - predavaonica u zgradi Mladen Paić
The field of optical microscopic imaging is rapidly developing and it is the playground for interception between physics, chemistry and biology. The importance of advanced microscopic techniques is supported by The Nobel prize for Chemistry for 2014 that is awarded for the development of super-resolved fluorescence microscopy. Nonlinear laser scanning microscopy (NLSM) is optical technique that utilize ultrashort laser pulses for 3D imaging of microscopic samples. Three modalities of NLSM, two photon excitation fluorescence (TPEF), second and third harmonic generation (SHG/THG), are often used for label free and in vivo imaging. NLSM has possibility for deep penetration into the sample volume with reduced side effects like photo bleaching and photo toxicity. The basic physical principles of the three NLSM modalities (TPEF, SHG and THG) will be presented in the talk and also their application for 3D imaging at tissue and single cell level.
1. B. R. Masters, and P. So, Handbook of Biomedical Nonlinear Optical Microscopy, Oxford University Press (2008) and references therein.
2. Katarina Bukara, Svetlana Jovanić, Ivana T. Drvenica, Ana Stančić, Vesna Ilić, Mihailo D. Rabasović, Dejan Pantelić, Branislav Jelenković, Branko Bugarski, Aleksandar J. Krmpot
MAPPING OF HEMOGLOBIN IN ERYTHROCYTES AND ERYTHROCYTE GHOSTS USING TWO PHOTON EXCITATION FLUORESCENCE MICROSCOPY
JOURNAL OF BIOMEDICAL OPTICS 22(2), 026003 (2017).
3. Sanja Z. Despotović, Novica M. Milićević, Dragoslav P. Milošević, Nebojša Despotović, Predrag Erceg, Petar Svorcan, Udo Schumacher, Sebastian Ullrich, Gordana Mihajlović, Dragan Kalem, Srđan Marković, Ivana M. Lalić, Aleksandar J. Krmpot, Mihailo D. Rabasovic, Dejan V. Pantelić, Svetlana Z. Jovanić, Thomas Rösch, Živana Milićević
REMODELING OF EXTRACELLULAR MATRIX OF THE LAMINA PROPRIA IN THE UNINVOLVED HUMAN RECTAL MUCOSA 10 CM AND 20 CM AWAY FROM THE MALIGNANT TUMOR
TUMOR BIOLOGY 39 (7), 1010428317711654 (2017).
4. Pantelic Dejan, V Savic-Sevic Svetlana, N Stojanovic Dejan, V Curcic, Srecko B, Krmopot Aleksandar, J Rabasovic Mihailo, D Pavlovic Danica, Lazovic Vladimir Milosevic Vojislav
SCATTERING-ENHANCED ABSORPTION AND INTERFERENCE PRODUCE A GOLDEN WING COLOR OF THE BURNISHED BRASS MOTH, DIACHRYSIA CHRYSITIS
PHYSICAL REVIEW E 95 032405 (2017).
5. Mihailo D. Rabasović, Dejan V. Pantelić, Branislav M. Jelenković, Srećko B. Ćurčić, Maja S. Rabasović, Maja D. Vrbica, Vladimir M. Lazović, Božidar P. M. Ćurčić, Aleksandar J. Krmpot
NONLINEAR MICROSCOPY OF CHITIN AND CHITINOUS STRUCTURES: A CASE STUDY OF TWO CAVE-DWELLING INSECTS
JOURNAL OF BIOMEDICAL OPTICS_20 016010 (2015).
6. Aleksandar J. Krmpot, George J Tserevelakis, Branka D Murić, George, Filippidis, and Dejan V Pantelić
3D IMAGING AND CHARACTERIZATION OF MICROLENSES AND MICROLENSES ARRAYS USING NONLINEAR MICROSCOPY
JOURNAL OF PHYSICS D 46, 195101 (2013).
7. J. Tserevelakis, G. Filippidis, A.J. Krmpot, M. Vlachos, C. Fotakis, N. Tavernarakis
IMAGING CAENORHABDITIS ELEGANS EMBRYOGENESIS BY THIRD-HARMONIC GENERATION MICROSCOPY
MICRON, 41 444 (2010).